Create a Trust
Creating a trust establishes a legal entity that holds property or assets for the person who created it or a beneficiary of the creator’s choosing.
Some common reasons for setting up a trust include:
- Providing for minor children or family members who are inexperienced or unable to handle financial matters
- Providing for management of personal assets should one become unable to handle them oneself
- Avoiding probate and immediately transferring assets to beneficiaries upon death
- Reducing estate taxes and providing liquid assets to help pay for them
- The terms of a will are public while the terms of a trust are not so privacy makes a trust an attractive option
Contact Moseman Law Office to see what kind of trust might be right for you.