If you are like myself and 54% of the population, you either have a cup of coffee when you wake up or you use coffee for an afternoon pick-me-up after a long morning at work or just doing household chores. What most people don’t realize is that coffee is most effective if consumed between 9:30 am and 11:30 am. A great way to get a jump start on your day! However, choosing a cup of coffee can be more confusing than it sounds when ordering at a coffee shop. From lattes to just a shot of espresso or two, there are many choices of how to take your coffee as well as choosing a flavor.
Well here are a couple of fun facts that may help you choose your next beverage on your next coffee stop!
Coffee Facts for Your Next Trip
- There are typically 3 types of coffee roasts: Blonde, Dark, and a medium roast
- Blonde roast has the most caffeine
- Dark roast has the strongest taste and aroma
- Espresso is measured in “shots”. The more shots, the more caffeine
- Lattes- Espresso shots at the bottom of the cup first. Then the flavor is added and milk is added last to mix up the shots and flavoring for an even consistency and flavor
- Macchiato- Flavoring is added to the cup first, then the milk and last the espresso shots go on top. Espresso is added last so that the espresso has a much bolder taste at first
- Americano- Shots of espresso are added to the cup first then gets filled up the rest of the way with water
- Misto- Half-brewed coffee is added first and the rest of the cup is added with milk
- Frappuccino- A blended beverage that can be made with or without coffee and typically has a flavor added and topped with whipped cream
- Cappuccino- Espresso shots are added first to the cup then steamed milk which is mostly the foam is added to create a subtle hint to the espresso shots